Tatler Unboxes Two Hotel Buffet Spreads In The Office
The St Regis Kuala Lumpur
We follow traditional cooking techniques that ensure a truly French experience.
A Tour de France for gourmands instead of cyclists, the Weekend Brunch Box at The St Regis Kuala Lumpur places emphasis on regional French specialities including Provençal Quiche, Nicoise Salad, Seabass à la Grenobloise and Vichyssoise soup. Clemente Torrente, chef de cuisine at The St Regis Kuala Lumpur, oversees the authenticity of the said French dishes. "By using quality ingredients, we are able to bring the flavours of France to our food," he says. "We follow traditional cooking techniques that ensure a truly French experience."
The vote was unanimous: everyone hurrahed the slow-cooked lamb cooked a glorious golden brown. An absolute showstopper, the entire leg of lamb is served on a bed of thyme-scented potatoes basted with meat jus. Any leftovers would have made a good sandwich filler, except the bone was picked clean.
Other Commendable Aspects
- Since certain dishes are meant to be paired with certain side, sauces or toppings, The Brasserie has come up with a simple but elegant solution to convey this information to their customers: matching stickers are pasted onto the lids of containers if their contents go hand in hand.
- Included with each brunch box is an information card detailing the best means to handle one's food while upholding food sanitation. The refrigeration and reheating tips were much appreciated.
- While ambiance is the biggest compromise when ordering delivery as opposed to eating out, The St Regis KL makes up for it in other thoughtful ways—anyone with a Spotify account can stream a specially curated playlist of 21 jazz classics inspired by The St Regis brand.
Availability: Daily (24 hours in advance)
Price: RM448+ for 4 pax
Pick-Up: From the hotel between 12pm - 3pm
Contact: Call +6012 280 1303 or order via Beepit
W Kuala Lumpur
One of many perks to living in cosmopolitan Kuala Lumpur, the W Kuala Lumpur's RETOX buffet has become a ritual to regulars. Although entertainment such as magic shows and live DJs have been put on hold at the said buffets, Flock's fare can be relished in front of your favourite Netflix programmes at home.
- One of our favourite things about Flock's RETOX buffets, whether on Sunday afternoons or Friday evenings, is Milky Whey's impeccable cheese platter, so imagine our pleasure to see these same cheeses being provided as part of RETOX2GO.
- The cold seafood platter is packed with ice cubes to keep your crustaceans and shellfish fresh.
Other Commendable Aspects
Said to feed four diners, the RETOX2GO set underestimates itself—double that number can comfortably fill up on the spread.
Availability: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays (48 hours in advance)
Price: RM598 for 4 pax
Pick-Up: From the hotel from 11am - 1pm
Delivery: Via Beepit from 11am - 1pm
Contact: Call +603 2786 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images Courtesy of The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur and W Kuala Lumpur